Stefanova & Tochkov
The Law office offers its clients representation and consultations in the field of criminal law and process:
• protection against the imposition of supervision measures (detention, house arrest, removal from office, etc. provided for in the Criminal Procedure Code)
• applications to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg in cases of unlawful imprisonment
• applications to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg for violations of the prohibition of inhuman and degrading treatment during police operations and during the detention in custody.
• protection of accused persons in pre-trial proceedings
• Defense in court in general criminal cases and in misdemeanor cases.
• applications to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg in cases of violation of the right to a fair trial in criminal matters.
• Assistance in application of European Union Law in criminal proceedings, including requests for referrals to the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg.
• защита и помощ в наказателни дела с трансграничен характер
• representation of victims of crime.
• filing and defending civil lawsuits aside from the criminal procesution for pecuniary and non-pecuniary damages.
• appeals of violation notices before administrative and judicial bodies.
• cases for expungement of criminal convictions.
The law office has many years of experience in filing applications before the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg and representation in all proceedings before that Court. The rulings of the Court in some of those cases have led to changes in Bulgarian law and practices affecting basic human rights.