Stefanova & Tochkov
Our team provides assistance and legal representation in court and out-of-court settlement of civil disputes. We have extensive professional knowledge in various areas of civil law and procedures.
• Property related matters - disposals of real estates by individuals and by companies; preparation of notary deeds and preliminary contracts; examination of history and legal status of real estate; procurement of the necessary documents for starting and carrying out construction of new buildings and reconstruction of existing ones; representation in litigation regarding property rights; conducting negotiations with municipal and state authorities.
• Family related matters - drafting of prenaptual agreements; legal representation and consultations in divorce - by mutual consent and by litigation; disputes over child support and custody rights; assistance in protection against domestic violence; drafting of wills and assistance in settlement of inheritance matters and disputes; placement under guardianship and establishment of guardianship / trusteeship;
• Contractual obligations - assistance and representation in disputes concerning all types of contracts; placement and removal of liens; disputes with monopolies and debt collectors;
• Insurance matters - assistance and representation in out-of-court settlements and court litigation against insurers - disputes concerning damages caused by road traffic accidents and accidents at work;
• Tort matters - assistance and representation in disputes over pecuniary and non-pecuniary damages caused by torts; damages resulting from the activity of medical institutions and doctors - medical malpractice;
• Labor obligations - assistance to employers and employees in the application of labor and social security law;
• Civil obligations with an international element - assistance and representation in disputes related to relations between Bulgarian and foreign persons; disputes under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction; assistance in executing foreign court judgements - exequatur;
• Application to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg in cases involving the right to a fair trial in civil law perspective.
• Assistance in the enforcement of European Union law in civil proceedings, including requests for preliminary rulings before the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg.